Friday, February 15, 2008

Challenge of the Day!

The Challenge of the day-- what can you do with a premade big lots pack of cards????
Here's the card from a pack I picked up at the old Big lots for a dollar:
Now comes the question--What can you do with it? And better yet--What can you do with it in less than 10 minutes??
How about this????

Or for some more inspiration--How about this???

With the first card, I just punched a scalloped circle punch and used the crimper in the middle of it. I inked the ridges of the crimping and inked the edges of the circle. Then I looped my black/white ribbon through those awesome loopy brads. For a little added punch to my black and white monochromatic card, I chose a pink accented loopy brad. I think it gives it a little "pop". I stamped an image from one of TAC's flourishes set. Then I just mounted it to the card.

Second project, I took a baseball card protector and cut from the card a piece of paper to fit in the protector. I ripped the edge and slipped a white cardstock piece behind the rip to help see the rip. Then I put some black/white ribbon folded together and stapled it. Then I took the old Crop o dile and set an eyelet right in the middle of the ribbon. Slipped it all in the protector and punched holes in the top and threaded ribbon through. This makes a great hanging thank you so the recipient can hang your creation for a thank you that lasts a long time. I got this idea from a friend of mind who did it for me. Here is her "thank you" picture next to the one I tried. Thanks Laurie for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment