Friday, December 14, 2007

Cookie Swap Gifts!

I saw these folder pocket books and knew I had to make them. So what better way to do that than to give them as gifts for my cookie swappers. So, I sat down and designed them one day while the house was quiet (you guessed it--Nap time!!). I was a little stressed about it because it was the weekend before the swap was to be held. I had to give myself a deadline by which to make them, and if I didn't make the deadline, I was going to give up with the idea. Well, thankfully I made it well before the deadline. After design was done, I set out to cut the supplies and make them for my guests. I used TAC's Merry Wishes Christmas paper and was soooo excited because it all coordinated so nicely. The fronts looked like this (each person's was personalized for them--that was my daughter's idea). Everything fit together sooo smoothly. From the black cord to tie them together down to the ribbon and covered eyelets. Not to mention I found my scoring blade within minutes of when I wanted it (that hasn't happened in well over a year-- I can never find that thing when I need it). I had a terrific time making them.

This is what they look like completely open. You can see each pocket is labeled with the names of the cookie recipes that are in the pocket. Everyone's cookies were on there and I just slipped the recipe cards in the pockets as each guest arrived with their recipe cards.

This is what the back looks like. I just couldn't skip the back, because I love how it looks completely covered with TAC's awesome Merry Wishes paper.

I hope you are inspired. Now, I am off to clean the house and start the day in school. Have a very Merry Christmas and terrific New Year. I'll talk to you soon--Happy Stamping!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment