Monday, March 12, 2007

Mini scrapbook page!

This Scrapbook page was made by the people who attended my last funshop. I'm planning to possibly use it again for my next funshop this week. It's a 6x6 layout. I picked this size for sake of supplies, but this layout could be expanded to fit almost any scrapbook size. I call it the "B" page. And then we added the "Just Because" saying to emphasize the "B" element. Get it--B which sound like BE! I know it's a little Corny, but I liked the idea. Actually we have a whole set of "Be" stamps in our catalog, and I was wishing I had the set when I was creating this layout. In fact, it's now on my wish list because I like it so much. Want to see them? Click here!
We started with a 6x6 piece of black cardstock. We used the handy edge distresser (love that thing) and distressed the edges. We matted a white piece of cardstock onto a blue piece and left the matting long on the right hand side so we could use first sand it down to show the white core of the paper and then we used that great stitch set and added some stitching character to the picture matting. We took a "B" sticker from one of the soar with it collections and stuck it onto that beautiful cardstock from the Caitlyn collection and cut it out. We removed the sticker from the cardstock after we traced. The sticker wasn't overly sticky, so we could do that. Then after we cut out the "B", we inked up the edges to distress it a little, and to "hide" any imperfections we may have created when we cut it out. :0) I'm ALL about hiding the mistakes and making the eyes drift right over the little details on my projects. It's all in tricking the eyes. LOL!!!
We stamped our saying onto another piece of white cardstock and stapled it into place using colored staples. LOVE those as well. And we assembled the whole page. To add another decorative dimension, we took plain old white paper clips from any office supply store, and tied colorful ribbon on the edge, and then "clipped" it into the picture matting element. It adds a fun and "cheap" element to the page. I'm all about cheap as well. LOL!!!!
I hope you enjoy this project, and get out your scrapbooks and make a page or two!!!
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment