Monday, March 26, 2007

No longer MIA!!

Wow, it's been a while since I've shared with you. Sorry for the delay. I had the pictures taken and ready to go, but just didn't go. :0) The project I am sharing with you today brings a smile to my face. I created it having a flower theme in mind. For those of you who know me--flowers are not my strong point. They are not the first thing I reach for in my craft closet. So this was a stretch for me.
I used TAC's excluse paper--the Whimsy blossom line. I cut out the flowers and mounted them on white cardstock matted on matchmakers cardstock. Then I stamped little words around the flowers with reflection blue ink. I also tried my hand at those loopy brads that are all the rage.
Just a little side note about loopy brads.--My friend and neighbor just LOVES those things. She talks about how she loves to use them, and she does a terrific job using them. Personally for me, loopy brads are one of those "patience trying" embellishments. You all know what I mean. It's like this. If you get them mounted on your project and get the stuff "looped" through them to boot, and you don't THROW them on the floor in disgust instead--you are a patient person. It's a little secret "test" in the paper crafting trade. So although I used them, I almost failed the test. :0) But don't tell ayone--it will be our little secret. LOL!!!!!
I looped some terrific ribbon from my --you guessed it-- ribbon club. And yes, that is double sided ribbon. Gorgeous stuff!
I love how it came out. I thought it a great effort in the flower field for me--Miss Flower Challenged.
Enjoy the inspiration and go and stamp today!

1 comment: