Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Had fun Doodling on this card!!!

Here's another project I tried. I was going to a doodling affect. I don't know if I reached it or not. :0)
I used the Road to a Friends set and colored the designs in with my prismacolor pencils. I tried the white pencil to add shading to my purple flowers. It gave them a "swirled" look that I really like. I also picked up my Edge Distresser again and distressed the edges. I copied a technique off of one of my customer's contest cards. She cut slits into her card to put the string on to keep it in place. I decided to cut slits in the card to hold the gold thread in place. Thanks for the tip!
I also copied a card design I had seen online. It adds a little more pop to the card to have that little black flap of paper folded over and held down with a brad. I've been trying that technique in my "bag of tricks".
So I hope this gets your own creative juices flowing and gets you to go and create something with doodles as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment