Monday, May 5, 2008

I Actually WON a contest!!!!

This is a picture of my card that won a TAC card contest last month. The contest category was Easy for Easter. I saw a card that used brown paper and the scalloped circle punch in a magazine I was reading and loved it. So like any good stamper, I adapted the idea to fit the stamps and paper that I wanted and the result was this card. I used TAC's No bunny like you set. After I stamped the chick/bunny stamp in the circle, I colored in the chick, bunny and egg with TAC's glaze gelly pens and then I colored the grass with Prismacolor watercolor pencils and used a blender pen to soften the look. All the paper and ribbon I used featured TAC's Mimi collection. I just loved the look of all of it once it was done. You can't see it, but the card is actually folded at the top and bottom and has a seem in the middle of the card. So the top half opens UP and the bottom half opens DOWN. The brown strip is attached to the scalloped circle and it slides off the card so the recipient can open it. It's like a paper "band" to hold the card. I think this particular fold is called a gatefold or something like that. To be honest, I didn't think it had a chance of winning, but I was mailing in some entries for a couple other contests (I really thought I had a great chance of winning Terrific Trio--I'll have to post those cards another day) so I thought, hey, why not--and put the card in the package and mailed it off. I couldn't believe it when my friend Christina was on my answering machine hinting that I needed to go check out the website. My twelve year old daughter thought I had gone nuts when I started jumping up and down and screaming, "I won, I won, I REALLY won." LOL!!! Believe me, it took quite a few days to sink in that I actually won a contest. I've been trying for a while. I didn't always enter every month, but tried to enter quite regularly. Well, I hope you get inspired by the card. So head out to your stamp space and stamp a project today!

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo!! What a great surprise!! And the card is absolutely adorable. Have fun spending your winnings!!!

    ReplyDelete