Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Project

Below are some pictures of the Mother's Day gift that we gave my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I also stamped a project for my mother, but forgot to take pictures of it (blonde moment). I started with this cool metal purse that I found at my local thrift shop and altered it with some ribbons and filled it with quilt cards. Now, my mother-in-law is an avid quilter. Fabric is her thing and she LOVES to sew. So, I decided to make her some cards (that look like quilts) so she can add them to her "gifts" for people and look coordinated. She loved them (and I do too). So, here they are: This is the purse all altered and filled. This is what it looked like when we gave it to her.
These are the cards that I made to fill the purse with:
Below, is probably my favorite card out of the whole bunch. I am partial to plum and circles, and love how this came out.
The inside:
Another one of the cards:
The inside of that card:
This next card has a baby theme to it. It says "with love" on the inside of it (through the punched square) The quilt part is layered and very cool looking up close:
This is another of the cards. It has faux stiching around the outside for a more "quilted" look:
This card is actually square. At this point in my project, I was beginning to warm up to the whole quilting thing and was actually starting to "add" elements to the patterns as I went. If you will look, all my quilt blocks have brads at the seems which is my way of "tying off" the quilt block.
This is yet another of the cards. This one had people on the paper. All the paper I used had a vintage feel to it. My mother-in-law is an avid vintage material fan. So that is why I chose a vintage feel to all the cards. And this is the inside of that card:
On more card. I loved how this came out too. I'm a brown fan, so the feel of this card was fun to make.
And this is how the inside of that card looks: Well, those are my quilt cards. I had so much fun making those. I'm still working on the pictures of my craft room. I found the 'before" photos--now I just need to get the after ones taken. For those of you who are dying to see it--than, yes, the counter top and wall you see in all of these photos is the counter and wall color of my craft room. I know some of you have been chatting about what it looks like. (And Cindy, Laurie is coming over to stamp with me on Thursday to try out the new room--so you'll have to ask her about it). :0) Have a great day.
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment