Monday, March 29, 2010

Fun project I stamped!

Let's take a little break from contest entries~~~~~
Since I slowed down a bit from stamping, I have taken a little time to do some projects here and there. I want to share one with you now. It was the "oh, I'll do that later" chore chart that I've been thinking about for a LONG time. I had the chore part made up, but wanted to do it "Wendy" style. Which means, to make it look cute by stamping and dressing it up with paper. Of course, I wanted to make it "kid proof" so that required some clear contact paper on it too. Hubby just got that "oh brother, what's she going to stamp next now that she's resigned" look in his eyes when he saw it (although I think he was impressed with it too). LOL!

Here's what I came up with:

I used TAC's summertime boys and Apple Girls sets to stamp images of 4 kids. I also used my scalloped circle punch and circle punch for the markers for each of my kids. I colored each stamped image with my copic markers. I colored the "kids" to look like my kids. They thought it was cool of mom to color them like that. I even covered the scalloped circles with contact paper on the front and back and then re-punched them so the contact paper is scalloped the same as the circle (I wasn't going to hand cut all those scallops)

So, each day my kids switch the markers so that the kid that looks like them is on the list for their chores that day. The master list is typed up so that each day has the chores already divided up and ready to go (each grouping of chores is assigned a letter from A-D). Then all the kids have to do is find the coordinating detailed "list" with the right letter on it, and move their kid marker on it for the day.

The chart has worked very well and has made divying(sp?) up housework a much easier task for mom. Does it stop the whining you may ask?!?!?!? Well, nothing is that good! LOL!!! There's still the occasional grumble, but the kids also like knowing what's expected of them for the day instead of being "surprised".

Well, I hope this makes sense to you as you read it. I kind of struggled with the wording a little bit.

Have a great day and be inspired to Stamp something today.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment